Setup of your Managed PKI
We configure your Managed PKI on the basis of your order. You can retrieve your Managed PKI via a certificate based encrypted connection. The necessary access or operator certificate for this encrypted connection will be supplied in your account at our certificate management platform swisssign.net.
- As soon as you have received an e-mail with the access data for your account, call up www.swisssign.net in the browser.
- Select the "Account - Login" menu item and log in using the username and password provided for this purpose.
Please initially replace the existing password for your own password not known by SwissSign via the "Change password" menu item.
- You also still have the option to amend the saved account data via the "Edit" menu item. Please read the details in this regard in the Managed PKI Services User Guide (PDF, 1,3 MB).
- To download the access certificates required to gain access, select the "Search/manage" menu item. In the "Search/manage" window, leave all of the standard settings and press the "Search" button.
Your certificates will now be displayed:
All access certificates are shown in the table. You can download and install each individual certificate via the "Download/attributes" button. For the installation, you will have received the password for the private key to the access certificate from our Fulfilment Centre with a seperate secure e-mail.
As soon as you have access to your Managed PKI, you will have seven days to test the system and report any errors. After this time, the system will be deemed to have been accepted.
Please report any errors which come to light at a later point to our Help Desk which will add these to our ticketing and workflow system. You can contact the Help Desk by phone on+41 848 77 66 55 or alternatively via e-mail at email@example.com.
The two set-up options are described below:
In the case of web-controlled management (web interface), you now have to install this certificate on your operating system. You can then log in using the certificate login under www.swisssign.net.
Acquisition of certificate via partner application
If you acquire the certificate via a SwissSign partner application (e.g. a mail gateway), you will receive a special access certificate for this mail gateway. You must install the downloaded access certificate in your partner application. To do so, please follow the instructions of the application manufacturer.
The connection is based on the CMC interface. For the configuration of this interface you will need the name of the product:
- ‹Company name›-‹certificate type›, e.g. abc-gold-pers-1y
- ‹Company name› is generally the same name that was also used for your account.