SSL Silver - Domain validated, cost-efficient basic protection with rapid issuance
The SwissSign SSL Silver certificate offers cost-efficient protection for encrypted communication with devices and websites. Issued within a matter of seconds, the domain-validated SSL Silver certificate is the right choice wherever digital communication has to be conducted in an encrypted and low-cost manner.
The variants with and without "www" are included in the main domain.
Would you like to obtain several certificates in a simple and flexible manner? The SwissSign Managed PKI service pays off from just 5 SSL Silver certificates.
Browser producers are reducing the validity of SSL/TLS certificates to one year in their browsers. Find out more
- Verification of identity on domain
- Issue time within seconds or minutes after application through simple domain validation via e-mail
- Duration: 1 year
- License can be used on an unlimited number of servers
- Warranty 10’000 CHF
- Full reimbursement within 30 days of issue
- Internationalised domain name (IDN) possible
- Permitted for Amazon payments
- The certificate can also be obtained via Managed PKI
- Telephone and e-mail support in English, German and French
- After the Sale of the certificate the SwissSign seal is provided in the customer login
- The SSL Silver Certificate is also available as a Wildcard Certificate.
- Would you like to protect your domain with and without «www» (order made with only one domain), than define this during the certificate issuance process or define this in your CSR. This additional protection is free of charge and optional.
- Recognised root CA
- SHA-2 signature hash algorithm
- Encryption of up to 256 bits
- Key length of up to 2,048 bits
- Asymmetric encryption with 2,048 bits and symmetric encryption with up to 256 bits are possible
- Key use: Digital signature, key encipherment, client authentication, server authentication
- Distribution on all common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- DNS CAA policies will be followed before authorization of the request
- Validation with OCSP and CRL, OCSP stapling recommended
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Application-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: domain name FQDN (mandatory)
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) domain name as mentioned in common name, additionally optionally also with prepended «www»
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR.
- All binding guidelines for this certificate type are stipulated in the relevant Certificate Policy and Certification Practice Statement (CP/CPS): SwissSign Silver CP/CPS
The SSL Silver Certificate is used for the following reasons:
Simple encryption offers protection of digital communications with devices and web pages.
Digital usage can be trusted thanks to domain-validated session encryption.
Examples of Usage
Web pages with a need for basic protection, or which use encrypted logins, forms etc.
- Protection for visitors thanks to basic encryption
- Safety lock is activated in browser
- Simple and fast to issue
Validation is performed electronically
Domain verification for is ensured via an e-mail sent to one of the following addresses (freely selectable):
- The mail account for the verification should already be available.
- SwissSign should be allowed to issue certificates for your domains according to the DNS entry (CAA policy)
Do you have any questions? Visit our FAQ page.