DV SSL Silver Single-Domain
Validation level: Domain validation
Number of domains: One
Protection with and without 'www' is included.
excl. 7.7% VAT
Please note: SwissSign must implement a new standard for e-mail certificates, the S/MIME BRG. As a consequence, SwissSign will have to generate the password to protect your key in case of provider-side key generation. In addition, the message confirming possession of the e-mail address is now only valid for 24 hours. The new requirements were implemented on 24 July 2023.
- Verification of identity on domain
- Issue time within seconds or minutes after application through simple domain validation via e-mail
- Duration: 1 year
- License can be used on an unlimited number of servers
- Warranty 10’000 CHF
- Full reimbursement within 30 days of issue
- Internationalised domain name (IDN) possible
- The certificate can also be obtained via Managed PKI
- Telephone and e-mail support in English, German and French
- After purchasing the certificate, the SwissSign Trust Seal will be available to use on your website.
With multi-year certificates, you will benefit from attractive discounts. However, the validation and request for the certificate must be made annually despite the multi-year term.
- The SSL Silver Single-Domain (DV) certificate is also available as a SSL Silver Wildcard (DV).
- Recognised root CA
- Signature algorithm sha256WithRSA
- Public Key following RSA (Rivest, Shamir, Adleman) is authorized, requirements:
- RSA key length 2048, 3072 or 4098 Bit
- Asymmetric key exchange with modern "Perfect Forward Secrecy"
- Legacy RSA encryption is also possible
- Compatible with all symmetric encryption algorithms for SSL/TLS with key length up to 256 Bit
- Key use: Digital signature, key encipherment, client authentication, server authentication
- Distribution on all common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- DNS CAA policies will be followed before authorization of the request
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- OCSP stapling should be configured on the web server
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Application-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: domain name FQDN (mandatory)
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) domain name as mentioned in common name, additionally optionally also with prepended «www»
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR.
- All applicable policies for public SwissSign certificates are published on the “Support\Repository” page. The policies specific to this certificate type are listed on the corresponding subpage.
Validation is performed electronically
Domain verification for is ensured via an e-mail sent to one of the following addresses (freely selectable):
- The mail account for the verification should already be available.
- SwissSign should be allowed to issue certificates for your domains according to the DNS entry (CAA policy)