E-Mail ID Silver (DV)
Encrypt and sign e-mails at low cost – the domain-validated E-Mail ID Silver certificate lets you sign and encrypt your emails in a trusted way with all common email programs and mail gateways.
The software-based certificate contains the validated email address and is issued in just seconds or minutes.
That's why the domain-validated E-Mail ID Silver certificate is right for you
Issued in just a few seconds, the domain-validated E-Mail ID Silver (DV) certificate is the right choice whenever your email communications need to be encrypted in a cost-effective way.
✓ Ensure protection of confidential information
✓ Authenticate email senders to distinguish them from phishing attacks
✓ Create a tamper-proof seal for the email content
✓ SwissSign E-Mail ID Silver (DV) certificates are compatible with all common email services, thus allowing secure communication between different parties.
✓ The E-Mail ID Silver (DV) certificate lets you sign and encrypt emails digitally to prove that your emails actually come from you and not a fraudster, and to ensure that only your intended recipient can access the encrypted content.
Save now and plan for the long term
Just CHF 23 per year for a 3-year E-Mail ID Silver (DV) certificate.
- Verification of identity: E-mail address, no verification of the organisation or the applicant.
- Term of one, two or three years
- Software-based, i.e. certificate file
- An unlimited number of copies can be used on laptops, PCs and mobile devices.
- Managed PKI: Yes
- Telephone and e-mail support in German, English and French
- The certificate is issued within a matter of seconds or minutes following the application and after the electronic validation process via the e-mail address.
- Not generally usable for Adobe PDF signature. Only usable for internal purposes if Adobe is configured to use the Microsoft Certificate store.
- Recognised root CA
- SHA-2 hash algorithm
- Encryption of up to 256 bits
- Key length of up to 2,048 bits
- Key use: Digital signature, Key Encipherment, Data Encipherment, secure e-mail
- Distribution: All common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- License can be used on an unlimited number of computers and mobile devices.
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Support of directory services (LDAP) for mutual key exchange under the search field at www.swisssign.net or under directory.swisssign.net with the search basis ‹o=SwissSign,c=CH›
- Applicant-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: e-mail address (mandatory)
- Period of validity
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) entry contains the e-mail address.
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR.
- All applicable policies for public SwissSign certificates are published on the “Support\Repository” page. The policies specific to this certificate type are listed on the corresponding subpage.
Secure e-mail communication with SwissSign e-mail certificates
An e-mail in the digital world is like a postcard in the physical world. It can be intercepted, read and modified, while the sender details can also be changed. With e-mail certificates, you ensure that
- the identity of the sender is confirmed,
- the integrity (authenticity) of the message is guaranteed and
- access by third parties is prevented.
And all this with minimal effort.
E-Mail ID Silver
In the case of a e-mail ID Silver certificate, it is only validated via an automated e-mail whether the email-address in question actually exists. The certificate is therefore available within a matter of seconds or minutes of the order being placed. For those looking for an efficient way of signing and encrypting a certificate, a e-mail ID Silver certificate suffices.
Signing of documents
With all certificates, it is technically possible to sign PDF documents. However, Adobe only lists hardware-based certificates in its certificate store as trusted certificates. For this reason, it is recommended to use the hardware-based Suisse ID (personal certificate) or the SwissSign organisation certificate for the signing of PDF documents.
Office documents – Word, Excel, etc. – can generally be signed with Silver and Gold certificates, however.
E-Mail certificates for companies
Should you use e-mail certificates throughout your company, we recommend our Managed PKI service. Here, no individual check of the person and e-mail address is performed. Instead, the company is subjected to a one-time check and is then able to issue certificates for one or more requested e-mail domains and organisations. Furthermore, numerous partner applications are linked to SwissSign via automated interfaces, meaning that the issuing and extension of certificates take place on a fully automated basis without additional administrative work.
Validation is performed electronically
- Simple electronic validation process via an e-mail sent to the desired address
- The mail account for the verification should already be available.
Do you have any questions? Visit our FAQ page.