SSL Silver Wildcard (DV) Certificate
Validation level: Domain validation
Number of domains: One, including the respective subdomains
- Main domain: www.domain.com
- Subdomains: sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, sub3.domain.com, etc.
- Verification of identity for domain, applicant and organisation
- Issue time within 1 to 2 working days after application
- Duration: 1 year
- License can be used on an unlimited number of servers
- Warranty 10’000 CHF
- Full reimbursement within 30 days of issue
- Internationalised domain name (IDN) possible
- Appropriate for the use in Microsoft Exchange UCC
- Permitted for Amazon payments
- The certificate can also be obtained via Managed PKI
- Telephone and e-mail support in English, German and French
- After the Sale of the certificate the SwissSign seal is provided in the customer login
With multi-year certificates, you will benefit from attractive discounts. However, the validation and request for the certificate must be made annually despite the multi-year term.
- With Wildcard, in addition to the main domain (domain.com), you also protect sub-domains such as, for example, info1.domain.com, info2.domain.com and admin.domain.com. Please note that sub-sub-domains (e.g. sub.*.domain.com) are not covered by this certificate. For the protection of multiple sub-sub-domains we recommend the SSL Gold Multi-Domain Certificate.
- The Wildcard Certificate is issued based on one Certificate Service Request (CSR) or attributes entry and one private key. In case you need more private keys with the same subject please order additional certificates.
- Recognised root CA
- SHA-2 signature hash algorithm
- Encryption of up to 256 bits
- Key length of up to 2,048 bits
- Asymmetric encryption with 2,048 bits and symmetric encryption with up to 256 bits are possible
- Key use: Digital signature, key encipherment, client authentication, server authentication
- Distribution on all common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- DNS CAA policies will be followed before authorization of the request
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Application-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: domain name FQDN (mandatory)
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) entries with main domain and wildcard subdomain entry
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR
- All applicable policies for public SwissSign certificates are published on the “Support\Repository” page. The policies specific to this certificate type are listed on the corresponding subpage.
Validation is performed electronically
Domain verification for is ensured via an e-mail sent to one of the following addresses (freely selectable):
- The mail account for the verification should already be available.
- SwissSign should be allowed to issue certificates for your domains according to the DNS entry (CAA policy)