SSL Silver Wildcard (DV) Certificate
The domain-validated SSL Silver Wildcard certificate makes it possible to secure and manage an unlimited number of subdomains for a specific domain name with just one certificate.
- Main domain: www.domain.com
- Subdomains: sub1.domain.com, sub2.domain.com, sub3.domain.com, etc.
That's why the domain-validated SSL Silver Wildcard certificate is right for you
Encrypted online connections
✓ Online security for greater trust
✓ Perfect for websites, blogs or mail servers
✓ Particularly suitable for websites with a simple need for protection
Protect an unlimited number of subdomains
✓ For managing several websites with the same main domain
✓ For frequent change of subdomains
✓ Validated automatically by email
✓ Verified and issued within seconds
Save now and plan for the long term!
So that you can benefit from an annual price that’s as attractive as possible, including a discount, we also offer 2-5-year orders.*
* To comply with the latest security requirements, certificates must be re-issued annually.
For the annual validation, we’ll send you an email notification 10 or 30 days before the certificate expires. Please follow the instructions in the email to revalidate your domain and re-issue the updated certificate.
Your 30-day money-back guarantee applies to the original order date.
- Verification of identity for domain, applicant and organisation
- Issue time within 1 to 2 working days after application
- Duration: 1 year
- License can be used on an unlimited number of servers
- Warranty 10’000 CHF
- Full reimbursement within 30 days of issue
- Internationalised domain name (IDN) possible
- Appropriate for the use in Microsoft Exchange UCC
- Permitted for Amazon payments
- The certificate can also be obtained via Managed PKI
- Telephone and e-mail support in English, German and French
- After the Sale of the certificate the SwissSign seal is provided in the customer login
- With Wildcard, in addition to the main domain (domain.com), you also protect sub-domains such as, for example, info1.domain.com, info2.domain.com and admin.domain.com. Please note that sub-sub-domains (e.g. sub.*.domain.com) are not covered by this certificate. For the protection of multiple sub-sub-domains we recommend the SSL Gold Multi-Domain Certificate.
- The Wildcard Certificate is issued based on one Certificate Service Request (CSR) or attributes entry and one private key. In case you need more private keys with the same subject please order additional certificates.
- Recognised root CA
- SHA-2 signature hash algorithm
- Encryption of up to 256 bits
- Key length of up to 2,048 bits
- Asymmetric encryption with 2,048 bits and symmetric encryption with up to 256 bits are possible
- Key use: Digital signature, key encipherment, client authentication, server authentication
- Distribution on all common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- DNS CAA policies will be followed before authorization of the request
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Application-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: domain name FQDN (mandatory)
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) entries with main domain and wildcard subdomain entry
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR
- All applicable policies for public SwissSign certificates are published on the “Support\Repository” page. The policies specific to this certificate type are listed on the corresponding subpage.
The SSL Silver Certificate is used for the following reasons:
Simple encryption offers protection of digital communications with devices and web pages.
Digital usage can be trusted thanks to domain-validated session encryption.
Examples of Usage
Web pages with a need for basic protection, or which use encrypted logins, forms etc.
- Protection for visitors thanks to basic encryption
- Safety lock is activated in browser
- Simple and fast to issue
Validation is performed electronically
Domain verification for is ensured via an e-mail sent to one of the following addresses (freely selectable):
- The mail account for the verification should already be available.
- SwissSign should be allowed to issue certificates for your domains according to the DNS entry (CAA policy)
Do you have any questions? Visit our FAQ page.
Customers also viewed
Other certificates from the category Wildcard SSL
Other certificates from the category OV (Organisation Validation) SSL