SSL Silver Wildcard - SSL Silver encryption for an unlimited amount of subdomains
The domain validated SwissSign SSL Silver Wildcard Certificate allows you to protect and manage any number of subdomains for a defined domain name using a single certificate: *.domain.com.
Wildcard certificates are suited to protecting several websites that share the same domain or to cope with frequent additions of subdomains. The SwissSign SSL Silver Wildcard Certificate includes all advantages of the silver category including both cost effective basic protection and rapid issuance. The domain-validated SSL Silver Certificate is the right choice wherever digital communication has to be conducted securely and at a minimum cost.
Would you like to obtain several certificates in a simple and flexible manner? The SwissSign Managed PKI service pays off from just 5 SSL Silver certificates.
Browser producers are reducing the validity of SSL/TLS certificates to one year in their browsers. Find out more
- Verification of identity for domain, applicant and organisation
- Issue time within 1 to 2 working days after application
- Duration: 1 year
- License can be used on an unlimited number of servers
- Warranty 10’000 CHF
- Full reimbursement within 30 days of issue
- Internationalised domain name (IDN) possible
- Appropriate for the use in Microsoft Exchange UCC
- Permitted for Amazon payments
- The certificate can also be obtained via Managed PKI
- Telephone and e-mail support in English, German and French
- After the Sale of the certificate the SwissSign seal is provided in the customer login
- With Wildcard, in addition to the main domain (domain.com), you also protect sub-domains such as, for example, info1.domain.com, info2.domain.com and admin.domain.com. Please note that sub-sub-domains (e.g. sub.*.domain.com) are not covered by this certificate. For the protection of multiple sub-sub-domains we recommend the SSL Gold Multi-Domain Certificate.
- The Wildcard Certificate is issued based on one Certificate Service Request (CSR) or attributes entry and one private key. In case you need more private keys with the same subject please order additional certificates.
- Recognised root CA
- SHA-2 signature hash algorithm
- Encryption of up to 256 bits
- Key length of up to 2,048 bits
- Asymmetric encryption with 2,048 bits and symmetric encryption with up to 256 bits are possible
- Key use: Digital signature, key encipherment, client authentication, server authentication
- Distribution on all common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- DNS CAA policies will be followed before authorization of the request
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Application-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: domain name FQDN (mandatory)
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) entries with main domain and wildcard subdomain entry
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR
- All binding guidelines for this certificate type are stipulated in the relevant Certificate Policy and Certification Practice Statement (CP/CPS): SwissSign Silver CP/CPS
The SSL Silver Certificate is used for the following reasons:
Simple encryption offers protection of digital communications with devices and web pages.
Digital usage can be trusted thanks to domain-validated session encryption.
Examples of Usage
Web pages with a need for basic protection, or which use encrypted logins, forms etc.
- Protection for visitors thanks to basic encryption
- Safety lock is activated in browser
- Simple and fast to issue
Validation is performed electronically
Domain verification for is ensured via an e-mail sent to one of the following addresses (freely selectable):
- The mail account for the verification should already be available.
- SwissSign should be allowed to issue certificates for your domains according to the DNS entry (CAA policy)
Do you have any questions? Visit our FAQ page.