SSL Gold - The high-quality SSL certificate for your company
With the organisation-validated SSL Gold certificate, you demonstrate your customers and partners, that your webpage or your web application is owned by you. As checked and proven by us, the website operator is displayed transparently in the certificate contents. SSL Gold offers visitors effective protection, advanced security and a higher trust in your company.
SSL Gold with option multi-domain
- Order optional your SSL Gold certificate with up to 20 additional domains or subdomains, meaning additional entries in the SAN field of the certificate. The option Multi-Domain fulfills the requirements of a Microsoft Exchange UCC/SAN environment.
- When ordering the SSL Gold certificate with only one domain entry, the protection of the domain is including with or without "www".
Would you like to obtain several certificates in a simple and flexible manner? The SwissSign Managed PKI service pays off from just 5 SSL Gold certificates.
Browser producers are reducing the validity of SSL/TLS certificates to one year in their browsers. Find out more
- Verification of identity: Domain, applicant and organisation
- Issue time within 1 to 2 working days after application
- Wildcard entries are possible with the option Multi-Domain
- Duration: 1 year
- License can be used on an unlimited number of servers
- Warranty 100’000 CHF
- Entry of organisation (e.g. company) in the certificate
- Wildcard entries are possible with the option Multi-Domain
- Full reimbursement within 30 days of issue
- Internationalised domain name (IDN) possible
- Permitted for Amazon payments
- The certificate can also be obtained via Managed PKI
- Telephone and e-mail support in English, German and French
- After the Sale of the certificate the SwissSign seal is provided in the customer login
- The SSL Gold Certificate is also available as a Wildcard Certificate.
- Would you like to protect your domain with and without “www” (order made with only one domain), than define this during the certificate issuance process or define this in your CSR. This additional protection is free of charge and optional.
- For orders with multiple domains (Multi-Domain) the free of charge protection of domains with and without “www” is not included. Please define your domain entries one by one.
- The Managed PKI Service allows the issuance of Multi-Domain certificates with up to 200 additional domains.
- Recognised root CA
- SHA-2 signature hash algorithm
- Encryption of up to 256 bits
- Key length of up to 2,048 bits
- Asymmetric encryption with 2,048 bits and symmetric encryption with up to 256 bits are possible
- Key use: Digital signature, key encipherment, client authentication, server authentication
- Distribution on all common browsers and platforms. See Compatibility
- DNS CAA policies will be followed before authorization of the request
- Validation with OCSP and CRL
- User account for certificate management
- Revocation service for the revoking of certificates
- Notification 30 days and 10 days prior to expiry of validity
- Application-specific entries in the certificate:
- CN = common name: domain name FQDN (mandatory)
- O= organisation (mandatory)
- OU = organisational unit (optional)
- C = country (mandatory)
- L = location (mandatory)
- ST = canton, federal state (optional, mandatory if country is not a city)
- SAN (SubjectAlternativeName) domain name same as in the common name, optional entry with prepending www in case only a certificate with one domain entry was selected. With the option Multi-Domain additional domain or subdomain entries with additional domains or Wildcard entry
- Further applicant-specific entries are not permitted and are removed from a CSR.
- All binding guidelines for this certificate type are stipulated in the relevant Certificate Policy and Certification Practice Statement (CP/CPS): SwissSign Gold CP/CPS
The SSL Gold Certificate is used for the following reasons:
Since the organisation is validated, the company name in the certificate is transparently shown in webpages and applications.
The use of SSL Gold emphasises the importance a company places on building trust in the use of internet services.
Examples of Usage
On web pages sharing sensitive data or in webshops.
- High protection for customers and visitors
- The company name is displayed in the certificate thanks to the validation process
- Provides trust in the web page and in the company. Helps increase Google ranking
Please submit the following documents by post
- Original copy of the signed application form. You will receive this automatically via e-mail after redeeming the license at www.swisssign.net.
- Copies (front and reverse) of a passport or identity card (Switzerland, Liechtenstein or EU) belonging to the applicant
- For public institutions: Excerpt from the Federal State Calendar or other proof of the organisation's existence on request. In general, a commercial register excerpt is not required.
- Copies (front and reverse) of a passport or identity card (Switzerland, Liechtenstein or EU) belonging to the authorised signatory(ies) and/or co-signatory(ies) in accordance with the commercial register / Federal State Calendar.
- For requests outside Switzerland: In order to minimise the time and resources required in connection with unsuccessful requests, please send a scan of the above-mentioned documents to the following address for clarification in advance: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Language: Please submit your documents in German, English or French. Documents in other languages or composed using non-Latin characters must be translated into one of the three mentioned languages and the translation must be notarised. To this end, organisations based outside the EU and Liechtenstein again also require notarisation based on the Hague Apostille.
- Should you wish to request several Gold-level certificates, you can use your organisation's or domain owner's authorisations: authorisations (PDF, 168 KB)
- SwissSign should be allowed to issue certificates for your domains according to the DNS entry (CAA policy)
Do you have any questions? Visit our FAQ page.